What is hyperautomation?
The term was coined in 2019 by the IT research and advisory firm, Gartner, who defined Hyperautomation as a business-driven, disciplined approach that organizations use to rapidly identify, vet, and automate as many business and IT processes as possible. It involves the orchestrated use of multiple technologies, tools, or platforms, including:
- Artificial intelligence (AI)
- Machine learning
- Event-driven software architecture
- Robotic process automation (RPA)
- Business process management (BPM) and intelligent business process management suites (iBPMS)
- Integration platform as a service (iPaaS)
- Low-code/no-code tools
- Packaged software
- Other types of decision, process, and task automation tools
Using these advanced technologies hyperautomation creates an optimally efficient system to augment your workflow and increase AI-driven decision-making during the recruitment process.
Let’s take a look at 3 of these in detail:
- Artificial Intelligence
The integration of AI is one of the most crucial steps for hyperautomation. It is combined with Deep Learning to augment various business processes. It includes machine learning, natural language processing, intelligent optical character recognition, and similar processes. For example, OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology with AI lets businesses automate data extraction and enter into ERP (enterprise resource planning) systems. RPA with a blend of NLP and OCR is able to recognize text from unstructured documents, organize, and sort through it. It can process high volumes of customer and transaction data on a daily basis, leading to improved business efficiency.
Chatbots use cognitive intelligence and respond to users based on their emotional state. When integrated with RPA, this form of automation can be powerful enough to resolve most issues without human intervention. Because of these out-of-the-box conversational features, chatbots are being integrated with intelligent business process management suites (BPM) and Integrated Platform as Service (iPaaS) platforms to improve customer experiences and respond quickly to queries.
2. RPA and advanced analytics
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) tools are used in hyperautomation ecosystems to automate data extraction, entry, and processing workflows. RPA enables employees to be more productive by freeing up time through the elimination of repetitive tasks. Advanced analytics is performed on the data collected by APIs to generate profitable insights for businesses and devise better marketing solutions.
Hyperautomation vs Automation
The difference between automation and hyperautomation is that automation simply automates repetitive tasks and eliminates labor-intensive activities. Hyperautomation, on the other hand, adds advanced technology and an intelligent layer of processing, which makes it possible to do more for businesses than simply automate manual workflows.
Benefits of using hyperautomation in recruitment
Hyperautomation helps organizations in the following ways:
- It optimizes workflow allocation by ensuring repetitive tasks are completed consistently and efficiently. RPA tools are scalable, agile, and flexible in their design which helps in optimizing business workflows.
- It ensures regulatory compliance- GDPR Compliance policies and legislative bodies lay down stringent standards every year that businesses have to meet. RPA, AI, and other hyperautomation frameworks ensure data stored by businesses is fully compliant. They help in preventing lawsuits, protect data privacy, and ensure customer online safety
- It reduces costs by using digital technologies to automate tasks that otherwise require manual intervention.
- Hyperautomation increases agility by providing quicker, richer insights for more accurate decision-making.
- Another benefit of using these technologies is the automatic backup and migration of business data. These tools can transfer data to the Cloud, restore data from file backups, and prevent downtimes in operations by ensuring business continuity during data breaches.
- It reduces the technical expertise needed to configure and manage automation tools and automation solutions.
Hyperautomation is the next game-changer in recruitment because it improves service and operational performance, gives businesses the ability to improve customer experience and employee engagement, and enables them to unlock new cost savings and develop new revenue streams through analytical insights.